News and Announcements
Everything you need for 2019-2020 sports in one night! Join us 4:30-7:00pm in the gym!
4:30 – 6:00pm – NFHS Online Courses – student-athletes meet in the main lobby at 4:15 to complete the FHSAA mandated courses on heat awareness, cardiac arrest, and concussions. (Courses must be completed prior to student-athlete’s first practice).
6:00 – 7:00pm – ($10 cash or check)
6:00 – 7:00pm – . Senior student-athletes, arrive in the gym by 5:30pm with equipment and uniforms from home if applicable, otherwise you will get your uniform Coach Carter in the gym. If you are a 2019 Senior student-athlete and cannot make this photo shoot, please email Justin Varitek
6:00 – 6:30pm – . If you are new to LMP, come to the Griffin Cafe at 6:00pm for an informational meeting about athletics.
6:30 – 7:00pm – . LMP coaches will be available to meet, greet, and talk to any new and returning LMP families.
Remember to join the LMP Athletics Remind group by texting @lmpath to the number 81010.
Click here to check out the Start Dates for all our Fall, Winter, and Spring sports!
Congratulations to all of our student-athletes on a great 2018-2019 athletic year full of successes and school records, as well as many personal bests! Get ready for a fresh start this Fall – Go Griffins!
· Daniel Dalmau (boys soccer) broke the school record of goals scored in a season with 37 goals
· Katie Rudow (girls basketball) set the school record and State record for 3 pointers made in a game with 14…she is also now in the NFHS record book
· Michael Gavin (boys basketball) broke the school record of points scored in a game with 60 points
· Jansen Pelloni (boys weightlifting) broke the school record for bench press in Regionals with 315 lbs
· Rory Whitfield (girls lacrosse) broke the school record of assists in a lacrosse game with 18
· Kate Dawson (girls lacrosse) broke the school record of 78 goals scored in a season in lacrosse
· Maddie Wilson (track & field) broke the school record in the discuss at 89’9”
· Aron Fields & Haru Murakami (boys tennis) broke the school record for line 1 doubles with a record of 15-2
· Tyler Cashe (track & field) broke the school record in the 100m and 200m
- 5 swimmers qualified for Regionals, 6 girls and 5 boys qualify for the Regional Weightlifting Championships, 2 Track and Field Regional qualifiers
- 2 teams finished as District Runner-ups – boys soccer, boys basketball
- 3 District Champions – girls and boys golf, boys tennis doubles team
- 2 Regional Champions – girls and boys golf
- 4 individual District Champions – G Golf – Ellen Dong, B Golf – JD Driscoll, Track & Field – Tyler Cashe 100m and 200m
- 2 Regional Champions – G Golf – Ellen Dong, B Golf – JD Driscoll
- 1 state qualifier in Track & Field – Tyler Cashe in the 100m and 200m in which he finished 6th in the state in the 100m and 5th in the state in the 200m
5/21/19 – At Blessings Golf Club in Fayetteville, Ark., University of Florida’s Sierra Brooks finished runner-up in the NCAA National Championship, only four strokes behind winner Maria Fassi of the Arkansas Razorbacks. Brooks carded an even-par score of 73, ending up 4-under par 215 total, and helping the Gators finish tied for 11th.
“Today I was out there playing for my team,” said Brooks, a three-time winner during her two seasons in Gainesville. “It takes pressure off the individual title. Obviously, the goal coming in to this is to win as a team and to make the match play. We’ve worked hard all season to do that.” For the full SunSentinel article, click here
Congratulations Sierra – keep up the hard work! #griffinpride #gogators
5/16/19 – Congratulations to JD Driscoll who was selected as the Seminole County Player of the Year in boys golf! JD was honored with many of Central Florida’s best athletes at their annual Breakfast of Champions.
We are excited to welcome you to the Lake Mary Preparatory Open House
this month! We would like to offer you the opportunity to see how we can help you prepare your students for academic excellence during the approaching new school year. This event is open to all families with students entering PreK-3 through 12th grade.
Our Open House will be hosted on Wednesday, May 29th, 2019. Sign-in begins at 8:00 AM and the Open House will end at approximately 9:30 AM. Please click here to sign-up for our Open House event!